Pennwoods Whey Protein

SKU: N/A Category:

Nature’s Perfect Protein – Protein Supplement

Whey Protein is the best natural source of high levels of essential Amino acids and BCAA. Whey Protein is an excellent supplemental protein for:

  • Providing easily digestible protein added to traditional senior horse feeds to help maintain muscle and body weight.
  • Lactating mares to increase milk production and maintain body condition.
  • Young and growing horses to promote skeletal and muscle body condition.
  • Feeding after competition and training sessions to promote muscle recovery.

Recommended daily feeding rate:

  • Light Training – 1-2 oz. per head, two times daily
  • Heavy Training – 1-2 oz. per head, three times daily

GI Renew & Whey Protein are a great combination for a senior horse’s diet. to keep them healthy!

What is Whey?

Whey Protein is separated from whole milk while making cheese. Cheese is made from caseins, which form the curd that becomes cheese. Whey is left over in the liquid strained from the formed curds. About 80% of protein in milk is from caseins, with the other 20% whey protein.

Once you further cook the whey, you refine the protein portion into sweet whey and whey protein concentrate. The whey protein concentrate can be further refined into Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) at 34% protein, WPC 80% protein and Whey Protein isolate at 90% protein. There is also Whey Protein Hydrolysate, a product used in baby formulas due to its ease of digestability.

Additional information


5 lb pail (40 day supply), 30 lb poly bag (240 day supply)

For price and availability, please contact us.